A downloadable tool for Windows and Linux
Tilekit is a tilemap editor centered around pattern-based auto tiling.
Instead of manually placing hand-picked tiles, which can often be tedious, Tilekit works by using an input map of basic tiles and a set of user-defined rules to create the resultant output map from your tileset.
- Unique pattern-based-rule autotiling system
- Map export to .json, .tmx and .csv
- Code-export of final ruleset to C or Lua
- Basic object system for game-entity placement
- Simple animated tile system
Please try out the demo before purchasing! (save and export are disabled in the demo version) — The demo_projects.zip archive includes some demo projects.
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $20 USD. You will get access to the following files: